The Microbiology Graduate Student Organization (MGSO) had their 2018 Outreach event this October 2018 helping ay the Ames Science Fair located at Edwards Elementary School. This was a family event where grade school students and parents got to run from classroom to classroom to learn about different microbiology techniques!
Stations at the MGSO classroom entailed:
- Station 1: Making Your Own Microbe!
- Here the students were taught about motility, digestion, and morphology of some bacteria.
- Station 2: See a Microbe or an Amoeba!
- Aquarium water was collected and viewed under a microscope, which was displayed on a T.V. monitor so students could observe the swimming microbes.
- Station 3: Take a Photo as a Scientist!
- Here students had the ability to take a photo in a cardboard cutout as a Scientist wearing a lab coat.