- The Microbiology Graduate Student Organization (MGSO) is affiliated with the Iowa State University Interdepartmental Microbiology Program.
- MGSO is an American Society for Microbiology student chapter.
- We are represented by one senator in the Graduate and Professional Student Senate (GPSS), the self-governing body for graduate students and an important connection between graduate students and new administration policies and programs.
- Meetings are usually held on the first Friday of every month during the school year in 221 Science I and include free pizza.
- Dues are $20 per semester. Attendance is not mandatory, although you get the most out of MGSO if you attend often.
- At least one group social event is organized during each semester. Past events have include ice skating, tubing, canoeing, bowling, and trips to science museums.
- We typically host two invited speakers every year who are nominated and voted on by our members. We have accommodated speakers from across Iowa, the United States, and the world.
Microbiology Graduate Student Organization
Below are recent publications by IM students, faculty, and affiliates. Would you like your research showcased? Send your paper to firstname.lastname@example.org in time for the next edition!
Bold Indicates ISU faculty and affiliates
^Indicates publications by IM students Read more about Recent Publications by IM Students and Faculty